Four nights for the price of three
total flexibility on your arrival and departure days
Mellwaters Barn Cottages in Beautiful Teesdale
We would like to welcome you to Mellwaters Barn Cottages in Beautiful Teesdale centrally placed in Northern England within easy reach of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and York, Mellwaters Barn is an ideal visitor centre. The owners who live on site, take a pride in making sure that you will have an enjoyable holiday in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Awarded 4-star Gold by VisitEngland.
- Beamish, Bowes Museum, Durham Cathedral, York Minster are all within easy reach.
- Local activities include bird watching, cycling, fishing and walking.
- Beautiful, quiet country roads in some of Englandís wildest countryside with magnificent scenery where wildlife is plentiful.
- East Mellwaters Farm in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has built a number of purpose made footpaths for ease of walking.
- Mellwaters Barn has been converted from an old stone building into 4 spacious and light luxury self-catering cottages.
- Beautiful clean air and spring water these award winning cottages are designed for a perfect relaxing holiday.
- Mellwaters Barn is situated on a working farm which is in the Highest Environmental Scheme level to help protect the beautiful countryside where we are situated.
The approach* to Mellwaters Barn from the A66 is down a farm lane and across a Grade II listed Packhorse Bridge*. The Barn dates back over 100 years and is situated in the centre of the farm with magnificent views* down the valley to Bowes or up towards the moor. At the far western edge of the farm is Godís Bridge the best example of a natural bridge in the UK and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
Whatever the time of year we are happy to accommodate you starting on any day of the week, for 3 to 7 days or longer. We are a family business and see many of our visitors on return visits to enjoy the facilities at Mellwaters Barn.
* Please note, some computers may experience problems when running virtual tours as a browser add-on is required.
To download Sun Java's Run Time Environment (J2SE) click here